Hello loves! I attended The Origin Event here in Austin, Texas, last weekend, and had so much fun. I met a lot of amazing authors and vendors and was able to get lots of pictures to document my journey. I decided to take this time to give you some tips and tricks to attending a book signing while I am showing you some of the authors that I met.
- Organize your books so you know what books you own, the books you pre-ordered, and the books you want to buy. Here is a screenshot of the first page of my list of books. I was easily able to keep track of all of the books I brought and the ones I bought at the event. After I got each book signed, I highlighted it so that I knew it was done.
- Put the books in stacks by author and then put post-it’s with your name in each book because it helps the authors sign books quicker. It might also help you to print off a map because you can map out your game plan.
3. I got a rolling crate to cart all my books around in. I do this because totes and backpacks hurt my shoulders and back way too much. Those books get heavy after a while. Putting all my books in a crate was a little like Jenga, but I eventually got them all in there!
4. Attend the event and meet some amazing authors! Notice that I am wearing VERY comfortable clothes that include one of my favorite bookish shirts, yoga pants, and tennis shoes. It really is a must because you are walking around all day and your feet will be feeling it!
5. Unhaul and reorganize your bookshelves. Below is one of my bookshelves that I had to reorganize to make room for all of my books that I got! I finally had to turn them on their sides to create more room 😦 I would have taken a haul picture, but I completely forgot to before I started organizing!
I hope y’all enjoyed this little tips and tricks article because I know how much signings can be overwhelming. Doing these little things will help significantly…I promise! If you have any other questions or more suggestions, please comment and let me know!