Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Rad Babes Readers!! It’s hard to believe that another year has passed already and 2018 is already coming to a close. This year, to celebrate Thanksgiving, Charli and I are talking about the five things we are each most thankful full this year. So grab a cup of coffee, a piece of pumpkin pie, and get comfy as we talk about our year!
2018 started out as a pretty rough year, and things were touch and go for a while. But thankfully, it’s ending on a much higher note and I’m so grateful for all the blessings that have been bestowed upon me this year. There are so many things that I’m thankful for in 2018 and narrowing it down to five was difficult. But I did it, and here’s my list!
- In 2018, I’m most thankful for my mom’s health and recovery. In January of 2018, right around the time of my oldest son’s birthday, my mom called me with increasingly painful back tightness and spasms. After being treated for a sprained back, the pain continued to get worse, rather than better. Eventually my dad took her to the ER where they diagnosed her with arthritis in her back and sent her home. Unfortunately, she was back within a few hours with even more exacerbated symptoms and nausea. This time she was admitted for further testing, and several different scans and dopplers were completed. Eventually, it was discovered that her gallbladder was infected to the point that it was days away from killing her. Emergency surgery was scheduled, and after five hours, they were able to remove the gallbladder that was black and full of gangrene. She was in the hospital for over a week, and on extremely strong antibiotics. The surgeon told her that had she not come in when she did, she most likely would not have made it through the week. It was terrifying, and one of the scariest times I’ve ever experienced in my life. I will be forever grateful that God was looking down on us that day, and was with her through her surgery. I’m not ready to lose my mom yet, and I’m so glad I get to spend another Thanksgiving with her this year!
- In 2018, I’m most thankful for my three wonderful children and my patient, loving husband. This one is pretty self explanatory. I have three beautiful children that keep me on my toes every single day, but I wouldn’t change a thing. At 8, 5, and 3, our house is a crazy mess of toys, stuffed animals, and kid droppings and even though there are times that I want to pull my hair out and get in the car and just drive, I really wouldn’t change a thing. My husband is always there to back me up, help around the house when I need it, and works hard to keep a roof over our heads. He’s the main reason I have time to read and blog, and spend time at the bookstore!
- In 2018, I’m most thankful for my friends. Friends make the world go round, and I will forever be thankful for all of mine. I know, in my heart of hearts, they’ll be there whenever I need them and support me in all I do. They provide me with the laughs I need in my life, give me someone to vent to when things just seem to be going sour, and keep a smile on my face. Over the past few years, I’ve met some truly wonderful people and I am incredibly blessed to call them my friends!
- In 2018, I’m most thankful for the blog and for Charli. Rad Babes Read has become my home away from home. I love this blog ferociously, and I’ve put my heart and soul into making it what it is. Charli has been there every step of the way, and together we work hard to make sure we’re keeping you updated on our reading lives. I’ve also met some great people through blogging, connected with some amazing authors, and been given some exciting opportunities within the book community. I’m both anxious and excited to see what 2019 has in store for Rad Babes Read, and I hope you stick around for the journey!
- In 2018, I’m most thankful for my cozy house and the food on my table. My mom has always said that tomorrow is promised to no one, and I’m a firm believer in that. I say a pray every day, thanking God for all the good he’s brought into my life, and for the home that he’s helped to provide. My house is warm and full of love, laughter, food and lots of coffee. It’s the perfect place to escape after a long day and I’m always so happy to be home after being gone. Plus, it doubles as my work place, and I LOVE the fact that I get to work from home every day and that I was able to take that option when it was given to me.
2018 has been an amazing, exhausting year for me! I’ve been finishing up my master’s program and figuring out what my next step is going to be. There are quite a few things that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving, but I am just going to share five of them.
- In 2018, I am most thankful for my family. I have a crazy big family that continues to grow that I could not be more thankful for. I have two wonderful parents that have worked hard for me to be able to do what I want, I have three siblings, three niblings (nieces and nephews…isn’t that an awesome word?!), and two more niblings on the way! Each of them has been there for me through thick and thin. They make life so much fun!
- In 2018, I am most thankful for my health. For the past couple of months I have really been focusing on my health. I have been eating right through Weight Watchers and working out three times a week at Orange Theory Fitness. I am amazed at the results that I have seen in these short months. I have lost 21 pounds since August and I am so excited to see what else this journey will bring.
- In 2018, I am most thankful for my education. I have been really lucky to be able to get not only my bachelor’s degree, but my master’s degree. I am currently student teaching in a kindergarten classroom, which has been super fun. I graduate with my master’s degree December 14th and it honestly could not come soon enough.
- In 2018, I am most thankful for Emily. I have known Emily for over a year now and we become closer each day. There is not a day that goes by that we do not talk and vent and plan what we are doing next with the blog. She has been my partner and crime in keeping this blog up and running, and we have really enjoyed working on it. It amazes me to see how much we have grown and I am so happy to have Emily with me along the way.
- In 2018, I am most thankful for books and the blog. Honestly, I do not know what I would do without books. Books are my escape and what I use to decompress from a long day. They allow me to step into other people’s shoes and see their perspectives. I feel like I have gained a lot of empathy through reading and I am so thankful for that. I am also thankful that books and the blog have brought me to such an amazing community. I have met so many awesome people, bloggers, and authors through this journey.