At the beginning of the year, I put together a list of goals for 2019, and talked about my TBR for January. I had a big reading month planned out and I was really hoping that I could start off the year with a bang. I’m excited to say that I did pretty darn fantastic with my reading. To start of the year, I had a pretty big list of ARCs that I needed to get through for the month:
- The Secret to Dating Your Best Friend’s Sister by Meghan Quinn
- A Place Without You by Jewel E Ann
- The Kiss Thief by LJ Shen
- Ruthless King by Maya Hughes
- Evidence of Desire by Lexi Blake
- Hating to Love You by Erin Rylie
- The Consequence of Falling by Claire Contretras
- Bitter Sweet Hell by Alex Grayson
- Deal With the Devil by Meghan March
- Come to Daddy by Brianna Hale
- Cruel Money by KA Linde
- Rules of Engagement by Mika Jolie
- Only a Breath Apart by Katie McGarry
- Hollywood Playboy by Natasha Madison
The other book that I had on my list was Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, which I didn’t get to this month. I still plan on reading it in February because it is one of my Romanceopoly books this year, and it has been on my TBR for a really long time.
All in all not a bad month when it comes to the planned TBR. I’m really proud of myself. And to make things even more interesting, I managed to read some none TBR books too!
So now for the fun parts. My favorites!
Favorite New to Me Author: Hating to Love You by Erin Rylie! I LOVED this book so much and thought it was such a cute fun read from a great new debut author. I can’t wait to see what other treasures she has for us.
Book I Never Expected to Love: Trouble in Hell by Alex Grayson. This book is so dark, and disturbing and I wasn’t sure how I’d feel about the entire love story but I absolutely fell in love with these characters and this town.
Most Anticipated Read: Deal With the Devil by Meghan March. HOLY SMOKES was this one good! I loved every single minute of this one and I cannot wait to read the next one in the trilogy and find out what is going to happen between Indie and Forge!
January was a great start to the new year for me, and I am so glad to have had the opportunity to read so many great ARCs. My February schedule is less packed, so I’m excited to see what treasures await me on my own bookshelves!